Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Unleash the Love

Well, it's back to school for teachers in Orange County, and my son and daughter were there to help me begin getting my room ready for another wonderful, incredible year. (click on the picture to enlarge it. Bella's face is priceless :-)

As tired as I was today (didn't sleep last night in anticipation - can't believe I still get this excited after 10 years) the first photo I saw when I opened my desk drawer literally infused me with energy.

The photo was from last year. After I dropped off my students for lunch I would visit with my son who had been dropped off minutes earlier. Even if I had been going on days of late-night studying and ready to drop by noon, I would leave him with an abundance of energy to finish the day, or at least make it for 2 more hours until I made the same visit with Bella. It was truly a daily phenomena that blew away physical impossibilities.

As I packed up last year, I purposely put this picture face-up in my drawer so it would be the first thing I saw this year. In early June, I felt entirely depleted and seriously thinking of returning to the more realistic, and sane, traditional way of teaching.

It was my hope that seeing this picture at the start of another year would somehow bring me back to life......and it did, in a big way. As soon as I saw it I called Brosden over to show it to him (who was busy wondering if he could throw a boomerang in the room without breaking anything).

We could see the love we have for each other in the photo, and as we looked at it, could feel love flowing within, between, and all around us.

Energy never dies. When we feel exhausted it usually means we've either given it all away or have put it into negative emotions like worry, fear, doubt, anger, hate, bitterness, etc. But put that energy into love for another, and have it returned from them back to you....and there will be a positive energy-attracting synergy equal to the amount of unconditional love put into it.

Love is the greatest and most empowering source of energy on the planet.

YOU WANT MORE ENERGY?

Don't just give it....UNLEASH IT!

(A BIG thank you to Veronica Therese, a wonderful elementary student from another school. She knows I break @ 3 yardsticks a year and gave me this yellow flexible one for my birthday. It perfectly embodies the "Bend-Don't Break" philosophy, and I will think of you and Mother Teresa throughout the year as I use it, who said "Love until it hurts, then love some more."

Love doesn't break you, the lack of it does. And I will make sure every single one of my new students are filled, covered and surrounded by love every single day this year....loved for who they already are, and loved for everything they could become)

HERE'S TO THE UNLEASHING OF LOVE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket