Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not Now. Not Ever.

“A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him.

It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him.









Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.”

Jane Harrison

I still remember when Bella (age 3-4), just learning to speak in sentences, told her brother (age 5-6) who was stuck in a tree, "Face your feawrs, Bwosden. You can do it."

I love the great spirit that exists within all of us. The spirit to simply enjoy life or to give us the confidence to move mountains. Isn't it sad though that as we get older, this spirit decreases instead of increases, sometimes at a very early age.

No way! No more! Every child and person I know will know no limits. Not now. Not ever.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM , Blogger KGo said...

    Hi Mr. Stuart,
    This is Kelly. I like the pictures, and when you talked about Bella first learning how to talk is sounds so cute! You also helped me learn to take on all challenges and not to be scared of fears too. For eample I was always terrified of tumbling and I always told myself I couldn't do it but now I sucessfully have a standing back-hand spring, round off back-hand spring, and recently I got my front-punch, front walk-over, and I'm finally being able to connect my back-hand springs!!! Thank you so much for helping all your classes sometimes you regret it but it always pays off afterwards! I hope to see you at Epic soon so I can show you!
    From: Kelly

     
  • At 12:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I am so proud of you Kelly. And the courage you have chosen to have after our year together is much needed evidence that how I teach is for both the short and long term success of students like yourself.

    And that is why I do it, because you are worth it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket