Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Happy Kenny Day

Everyone has a genius, a talent, a gift....EVERYBODY! I will argue for this as long as I live because I can see it with my soul and feel it in my bones to be true.

Kenny's is his ability to love, to make others feel better, to enrich their lives with a pureness of honesty, an innocence of love and a bravery to show it that so few of us have the power to take into adulthood.

Here's an actual conversation between the two of us:

"You're funny Mr. Stuart" (I can't remember what I did to make him say this)

"Aiy! That I am. And do yoo know why Kenny?" (said in my Scottish accent)

"No. Tell me."

"Because I am happy. I am a happy man."

"Why are you a happy man, Mr. Stuart? See, you're being funny again."

"Aiy that I am! I am happy because YOO are in my class. YOO make mah day good. YOO fill it weeth love, and weeth joy."

"I do?"

"That yoo do. And very well at that. I want tah thank yoo fah dooin' thees Kenny. Yoo make mah life betta', and yer important to me."

"Ahh, no problem Mr. Stuart. I love you."

"And I luv yoo rite back, weeth every bit of me. Now let's get tah work on developin' that grate mind uv yoors."

Kenny's great power is his ability to love. In honor of this the class gave him his very own holiday last month, renaming Valentines Day "Happy Kenny Day".

pictures to follow...as soon as I can find where I downloaded them and on which computer....every one has a gift, and organization ISN'T mine. That's why you don't focus on being better than others; instead you surround yourself with others better than you. Fortunately for me this isn't hard :-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Serena and I (summer) would like 2 know y u did not put up the funny pictures we got!

     
  • At 4:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Which funny pictures?

     
  • At 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    for my self dicsipline next time I will be a leader and to be quiet also I will tell everybody to be quiet and to be quiet when the teacher is talking.

     
  • At 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Working in chaos by Nikolas Lachinski

    Working in chaos compared to a student is making sure its quiet when every one is getting there chairs while the announcements are on. also while your teacher is tiring to listen to 6 students at a time. When our teacher said once we got quiet then started up again then he said twice we got loud again last time 3 strikes YOUR OUT and we all finally became quiet. Now if I was the teacher I would use what i think about self discipline first I would shhhhhh if everyone didn’t be quiet beep there goes recesses again beeep there goes movies and if they still don’t be quiet beep there goes fun time. Self discipline to me is someone being able to realize that he’s being to loud so he would be quiet and shh someone else that is what self discipline means to me.

     
  • At 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    self discipline

    Next time I will shush and make sure people will cean up and be quite when when mr.stuart.
    At the end of the day I will clean up and be quite.

     
  • At 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Today I learned that the smallest people can do big projecys in a whim. I just finished at least 7 projects this week- and not one everyday! I understand Science alot better, and it's become one of my favorite subjects! I will never give up at what I want to do-I have my own world- I'm gonna make it bigger!

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Bridget - you are a wonder!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket