Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's Time to Kick a Little "But"

Eight, just eight students did their 30 minutes of reading the first night. Oh boy! It's time to kick a little "but".

"I wanted to Mr. Stuart, 'but'......

"I tried to but.........

It doesn't matter what followed the "but". You either have excuses or results. The excuses might be valid, but it still keeps you from having results. And in this class, you WILL have results!

Today was proof of many things:

That people aren't born great, they become great with great action.

Racism and nationalism are myths. What you "are" (white, black, brown, yellow, purple) and where you're from has nothing to do with the success you can attain. WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT YOU HAVE does.

But before I can write more I have to make sure I have media release forms of the EXCELLENT EIGHT students and THE FANTASTIC FOUR. Must respect parent wishes.

In the picture I was respecting the great people they were capable of becoming, calling out to their INNER SPIRITS. (My mom said it was OK for me to post my picture, if I would just shave "that nasty goatee").

*p.s. Sandeep - you are too kool for words my young brother. You'll get to see the new kids on Mr Stuart's block later today.

Peace & Fire

3 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL! Thats just like what you used to do with us Mr. Stuart! LOL did you grow long hair too it looks awesome!

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi mr.stuart its dallas.middle school is fun but not as fun as your class.My art teacher is the only one that teaches like you.she like to bang her yard stick on the wall.I liked your class better then middle school.Do you like your knew class?I will try to visit you and get my fcat scores.
    bye

     
  • At 6:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sandeep - That's what I keep telling the new students; that the great class of 2006-07, one of the highest growing in the county, was the same as they were in the beginning of the year, and need a little motivation to start really growing :-)

    Dallas - I speak of you often to the new kids. There will never be another you, so very wonderful and unique. I truly miss having you in class!!! Please do visit. Try to make your classes interesting by doing the work at home in a way that you best enjoy doing it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket