Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Baby Kaleb Needs ALL of Your Inner Strength

Baby Kaleb is back in the hospital (see A GIANT LEAP BACK). A victim of baby shaken syndrome from a non-family member, he and his family need all the inner strength each and every one of us has.

Maybe I'm asking because I feel mine running out. I feel great sadness. My friend Liz just wrote a post asking for one word that describes us. "LIFE!" burst from my heart over and down my arms out to my fingers as I typed my singular definition.

With LIFE we have everything. Without it we have nothing. So after punching a door and with tears in my eyes I send this to you. Send him the strength to fight for his life. Send it now, and send it strong.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING! Yes, I know your sad, I can understand that, but the Mr.Stuart I know does NOT break down. And you know, this is LIFE! The entire class did not believe in you and love you because your inner strength would run out and you would punch doors!I know what this syndrome is, and I do care, but what REALLY gets me angry is to see you like this. Mr.Stuart, you are better than that. The entire class knows you are. What would you do if someone in last years class was doing exactly what your doing?You'd do what I'm doing now. How can you break down, after all you've done. Your doing exactly what you told us NOT to do. So quit punching doors and losing your inner stregth. I know your better than that.

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Jess, this, and you, are incredible. I have so many thoughts of response jumping in my mind I don't know what to say. I do know that what you said is so remarkable on so many levels that it deserves to be written about.

    You are a wonder, a great wonder, and are going to make a wonderful impact in the world, as you have already done in mine.

    I did recover later that day from my anger and wrote about it. See "Feeling It More and More" on the Samurai Teaching page.

    I am grateful you walked through my door as my student. It is you now teaching me. And I am made better by it.

     
  • At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What can I say, you taught us well.I remember so many things from last year. It's like monkey see monkey do.(except we're not monkeys, that's Cosmo's job)It's just weird to see my teacher, who taught us so much doing this. I can't just sit there.I'm just glad I can help.You deserve a potato:-)

     
  • At 1:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Alone we tire. Together we inspire. Thank you for inspiring me Jess. You're worth more than your weight in gold.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket