Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, July 02, 2007

The Sin of Lying

I believe we should learn to laugh at least once a day. Even if it doesn't help us live longer, it definitely helps us live happier. :-)

I would like to try something like this with next year's class. But if they're anything like you guys, they would actually do the assignment and realize I was making up this "phantom" assignment.

I hope you all realize how special your class was. Truly remarkable!

A minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want
you all to read Mark 17."

The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the
minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many
had read Mark 17. Every hand went up.

The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters.
I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying."

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's a great and funny joke Mr.S!:) I am glad that you will try something like that next year to your class! I really miss you!
    Love,
    Belle

     
  • At 11:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Miss you too. Just don't let next year's class in on the joke :-)

     
  • At 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I promise If Katie gets you next year, I won't tell.

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi! its summer and i was wondering if you could post all the monky problems and answers. by

     
  • At 11:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You still want to learn?!? You still want to be challenged??? And in math??????

    What have I done???? LOL

    I am impressed (continue to be as I was so impressed with you this past year).

    As soon as I come across them I will post them. Keep bugging me to find them.

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Mr. Stuart. How r u doing. Well right now i just came back from that religeous camp i was telling u
    about that took place evr since my dad was 11 i think now he is alrdy 47. Well i was hoping u can email me again i have been telling u to email me on my moms email and you still didnt answer. well email me soon. Have a wonderful summer best teacher who evr taught me. Cya!
    P.S. Rofl (means rolling on floor laughing.)
    I can still remember when my brain was going to explode every time you challenged.

     
  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Glad you're back. I've been having trouble accessing school emails from my home computer. Send it again please.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket