Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Fractional Geometry

Hey Guys! I miss you all and appreciate the comments and emails. I truly miss all the fun and learning that went on this year. You were a wonderful class to come to every morning.

Here's a little geometry and fraction summer fun I learned at a workshop today. Assuming the yellow octagon equals one whole, what is the fraction for all the pieces in the left picture and what is the fraction of all the pieces in the right?

How do you know?

I still care about all of you. I still want you to use those wonderful brains of yours. I can't tell you how impressed I was with your class performance on the FCAT!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Let me think.... i think that the left one is 2&2/6, because each blue piece, or 2 triangls, is equal to a third.The yellow piece and the 2 blue pieces plus 2 triangles equal 2 whole pieces.Also, 1 triangle is = to 1/6, so the leftover triangles equal 2/6. Now for the right, which is.... the same answer! I'll explain. The 2 red pieces equal 1 whole, and then that's pretty much all that's different. You've got your blue pieces, and your triangles. All that's different is that you used 2 red pieces instead of 1 yellow piece!

     
  • At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks. Uh,`I have to go,I'll figure it out later, promise.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket