Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, June 16, 2007

I Believe In You


104 years ago today the Ford Motor Company was created by Henry Ford and 11 associate investors. Ford cars are everywhere, a reality today that didn't exist just 100 short years ago. You were not a reality just 10-11 short years ago.

Now you are. You are here. There has never been another you. There never will be another you.

You are very special, and very magnificent. I saw this confirmed and learned this past year in your eyes and actions and test results (boy do I miss you guys as I'm remembering seeing this).

What special and magnificent things will you do with your lives? You are capable of incredible things. One way to gain insight and inspiration into how to make this happen is to study those who have already done it. Henry Ford might be one of these people for you.

Photograph:Henry Ford.
Henry Ford.
Ford Motor Company

born July 30, 1863, Wayne county, Mich., U.S.
died April 7, 1947, Dearborn, Mich.

(I included the state where he was born mainly for Malcolm and Dallas, as much as it hurt me to do this :-)

He was an American industrialist who revolutionized factory production with his assembly-line methods.

Ford spent most of his life making headlines, good, bad, but never indifferent. Celebrated as both a technological genius and a folk hero, Ford was the creative force behind an industry of unprecedented size and wealth.

Remember, find those who have what you want, do what they did, and you'll get what they got.

I miss and love you all, not just for who you already are, but for who you are in the process of becoming. Never give up on yourself. Never shrink from a challenge to become more.

Never, never, become less.

You are a special gift to this world. Develop your highest self and give the gift of yourself, your unique talents and genius to the world, and make it an even better place than it already is!

When do you do it? Today. You do it every today by believing you can.

I believe in you, today, and every today.


Mr. Stuart

Your teacher whenever you still need me.



I decided to copy this post to all three other weblogs, getting the message of your confidence and courage to as many people as possible. Thank you for believing in yourselves and working as hard as much as I believed in and worked with you.

I invited them to read your comments. You DO make a difference in the world. I thank you for paying attention to how you spell those words (hint, hint :-)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    we miss those days and you!!!!!!
    Love,
    Esha & Belle

     
  • At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Some of these posts make me cry. Not because I'm sad, i just like to remember the class so much. Anyway, today when I went downstairs to the kithen, I noticed something very small, but it still reminded me a lot of you. To get this, I need to tell you something first. We have owned a teeny tiny flip calendar for a long time.It tells the date at the bottom of the page, of course. Ther is a page for each day(told you it was small). But that isn't the special thing about it. For each day, there is a positive little quote, message, or saying. Once ther was a tiny story. But anyway, as went downstiars, it caught my eye. There was a quote that was comeplety you, all the way. Want to know what it was? It said:"Everyone you meet knows something you don't. be willing to learn from them". That quote reminded me so much of you, I just had to post it. Thanks Mr. Stuart, and thanks teeny calender.

     
  • At 10:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You are a marvel Jessica. As much as I've meant to you you have meant to me. The fact that something I said has become a part of you means something I said was important enough to remember, and hopefully be applied.

    There never will be another you. There never has been. And I got to get to know this marvelous person called Jessica for one entire school year.

    My life has been much improved by knowing the very best of the best readers(your top 1% score on the nationwide test)and future creative genius.

     
  • At 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for posting back Mr.Stuart. That made me feel really great:-)Yes, it's true, those things you said really left a mark that I can't rub off.(Well, I don't really want to get it off)I even miss your gentle teasing, and I also miss how the room was always filled with life.I go to the same day camp that I made my clay animals at.If you want, I could make you a little duck like cornflake.P.S.I know I'm awesome, but it feels good to have somebody say so in such a great way:-)

     
  • At 11:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I remember Cornflake. And yes, I would like one of my own. I'll keep it in every classroom I teach in and be connected with the "The Great Gaffin"

     
  • At 12:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Okay, I'll tell you when It's done. I'm not comepletely sure on how i can get it to you, but I know we can figure out something.

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Okay Mr.Stuart, the duck is done. Sadly though, we leave for Tampa today to go to a wedding, and won't be back until Tuesday. I'm sure I'll have fun though, because it's a beach wedding, and I have a slight chance that I don't have to wear a dress :-)

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Have a GREAT time! Look forward to the duck.

     
  • At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm back! Happy Independence Day! Trick qquestion: Is there a fourth of July in England? We can probably meet up at the school so i can give you your duck. Maybe even the library.

     
  • At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you have nice kids.

     
  • At 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow what great pictures

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi belle what great pictures of you

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yo its the best because its miggs ya these are the best ever mostiy the one with belle =)

     
  • At 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i beive in you belle

     
  • At 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey mr . stuart it's me shawn the super nerd! i really think that taneicea really did a good job of facing her fears in front of the class and when she did that presentation [the extra one] it really enhanced my knowledge about that person and i hope she and everyone in class does more presentations to make mine and their knowledge greater. also good job tanicea! - shawn

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket