Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Work Hard ~ Play Hard

Taylor, Florencia and Katie doing well enough on their in-class reading assignment to take time off and play a little Spanish air guitar to the music of The Gipsy Kings (I got to play just because I'm the teacher - and, well, I need to have fun too).






Shaquan knocking down walls that held him back only one day before.











Chad doing the same.









Katie doing the same.

100% of the class is caught up in their reading!!!!!!!!!




This is proof to me that you CAN change your life in 24 hours. In school all you have to do is go to bed smarter than you were when you woke up. This also applies to being stronger, happier, healthier, wealthier (whatever your goal is).

It IS possible. It IS being done. As children and adults we incorrectly learn this change has to happen in big ways, all at once, and tend to give up when it doesn't.



Big shots are just little shots who kept on firing.

FIRE & FUN,
IT CAN BE DONE!







The heroes of room 208 are doing it in just the first seven days of school. Let's grab hold of their courage and do it too as adults; seven days from now being much more than we are today!


You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
Jack London
(1876-1916)

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello Mr Stuart,
    This was my FAVORITE link! Keep them coming...I love the photos and captions!
    Thank for all you do for the class, all these kids love you and are so inspirered by you.
    You have already made a difference and the school year has just begun!
    Keep it going!

    Nick's mom!

     
  • At 6:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Mr.S! How's your new class doing? I am doing so well in my new school, I am getting so many A's from my test, like in history I got a 48 out of 48! I am still dreaming big though like none of my teachers are like you, but my History teacher is kida' like you we play pictionary and sharades! Well, I miss you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! Maybe I'll stop by at Sand Lake and see you. And "nice" hair! Also thx for the e-mail.

    Love,
    (your favorite student)
    Belle


    P.S. I can tell that you have been working on your fashion skills, but I'll be sure to help you more with it!

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Mr.g(goldfish)

    Hope u having fun.
    I'm still dreaming on and believing in my self.
    The fun part is i have a science theacher like you.

     
  • At 6:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thank you Mrs. Nick's mom - :-)I appreciate parent feedback more than you know.

    Belle - you are by far my superior in fashion and I gladly accept your advice in this area.

    Esha - shhhh. The new class hasn't picked up on the goldfish thing. Maybe I'm getting better (which might mean I'm getting less intelligent :-(

    Glad you both are still dreaming and doing big. It means I have done my job. Please continue it, it is the key to becoming your greatest selves.

     
  • At 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi mr.staurt i in a picture im the best in it hahaha




    by luis

     
  • At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey its chad i remember me knocking the wlls down it was fun to punch the wall lets try to break it by the end of the day

     
  • At 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOVE the picture of us playing air guitar!!!!!!!!!!


    Flor

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket