Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Important Review of Today's Discussion



We’ve done an incredible job of learning so far this year. We deserve to be very proud of that. Now we just need to do it more consistently. This morning we added some new things to our routine:


Every week you need to create a new WEEKLY FOCUS. This needs to include:


CONTENT AREA: A focus for Reading, Math and Science


OBJECTIVE: what skill(s) you need to improve the most in these areas


METHOD: your plan to accomplish this improvement


ASSESSMENT: your measurement of whether or not learning and growth has taken place


METHOD & ASSESSMENT
1. I will provide you with a weekly test (assessment) in each area


i. READING – this will be our weekly story, which includes the spelling and vocab tests (which give you your Language Arts grade)


ii. SCIENCE – this will be your specific chapter


iii. MATH – this will be your specific Unit

2. The goal is for you to come up with your own daily assessments. I will provide you with these until you learn how to do this on your own.


i. For example, today I had everyone read “Katie’s Trunk” and practice your weakest skill (i.e. finding the main idea, context clues, etc) – This should be included in your Daily Assessment.


ii. Homework will be answering the review questions at the end of the story. I’m hoping this helps you take the story more seriously than some of you did on the last test (Paul Revere)

3. Finally, I want you to send your Weekly Focus to your parents in the form of an email. This way they know specifically what you tests you are responsible for, your individual weekly goals, and how you plan on achieving them.

If doing your weekly focus doesn’t come easy at first, keep trying. This is a high-level skill that once learned, will benefit you for the rest of your life. And remember what Winston Churchill said,

“Never, never, never, never, never, never, never……..quit!”

If you never quit, you can never fail! I will never give up on you. Don't you dare give up on me by giving up on yourself!
We have succeeded at an incredible rate. Let’s keep it up.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cool, idea!

     
  • At 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Tell Miggs that he's such a sweet heart to me and that I really appreciate him for all that he's done for me. He's really nice, you are lucky to have him in your class! Also tell him that I said hi! Lol!

     
  • At 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm in Drama at my school and I am a great actress! So "ya me!!"

     
  • At 10:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Definitely "Yeah You". You are talented beyond belief Belle. I look forward to your greatness.

     
  • At 6:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How sweet Mr.STUART! Youare great! You make everyone feel great about themselves!

     
  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thank you Belle - I can't make anyone feel anything...I simply see the greatness each one of you has inside and encourage you to feel it too

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket