Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

MAC 221 Reflections of Two-Dimensional Figures


Chapter Four "Trapped Inside!"

Thanks to your help Brosden, Bella and Sofia have successfully crossed the trap floor by stepping on the similar figures and staying away from the congruent ones. But they soon find their troubles are not over as they can't find a way out of the tomb.

On the wall they see all sorts of polygons.





Brosden pulls out the scroll and reads the new message to his sisters:

Trapped in here
Forever you'll be

Unless you can turn
And reflect each one of me

Once to the right
Then down below

Then over to the left
And I'll let you go

There are four different polygon shapes. Taking one figure at a time, use the riddle to figure out what to do. Bring in your solution tomorrow to class and I'll tell you if you solved the riddle by mastering reflections. The kids are counting on you to help them get of before they run out of water, which Sofia drank most of while Brosden and Bella were studying the polygons on the wall. Be sure to write down your thinking process as you solved the riddle.

p.s. Thanks for being an incredible class. I'm very fortunate to not only wake up and like the job I do but who I do the job with, you.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really enjoy that! I'm really exited that I'm going to get your book today!
    Love,
    Belle

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket