Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

When Worlds Collide

Well, my son didn't even make it 24 hours. His mom and I are really working together to get his behavior with me duplicated at home with her.

At the drop-off yesterday he started acting up as soon as he got in her car.

Recently his mom, other dad and I sat down to figure out why the difference. We came to the conclusion that I don't hope he'll behave, I KNOW he will.

When the bar has been set, when he fails to meet it, mom lowers the bar while I raise it. When he chooses to do less, I make him do more. When he chooses to shrink, I make him expand.

When asked, Brosden said I'm like "this world that collides with others and makes them more". During a pick-up at Denny's last week Bella noticed a man with his pants down around his butt and said, "Eww".


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com


As I walked over I noticed he had a baby. I appealed to his sense of fatherhood and told him I wasn't telling him what to do, but just as he had a right to wear his clothes how he wanted, I had a right as a father not to have my little girl see his underwear.

He looked down at me as if I was crazy, and I smiled back with a look that told him I meant what I said. He hesitated, then pulled up his pants saying he was in a hurry getting dressed that morning. I told him I knew what that was like and really appreciated what he did....and I meant that too.

"Winning" isn't about controlling or defeating another, it's about elevating another to a higher level of thinking and being.

Brosden knows this and trusts me when I collide my world with his. He tells his friends that "when you get past his intimidating toughness, he's just a big squishy."

And I am. At the center of my being is a swirling, nurturing, overflowing core of squishy love.....

The greatest source of power and energy ever to have existed....

And after I die will continue to exist and grow in the lives of others.

I am not a father, a teacher, a man, etc......these are only outside things. What I really am is the present moment.

I can choose not to be present by living in the past and all its mistakes and failures, or I can live in the future and all its unknown fears.....

Or I can shut both these out and become fully conscious and aware of all the power and possibility of this present moment, acting out of love, of strength, of happiness and courage.......out of unlimited possibility.

When we choose to do this, we become so much more than what we were just a moment ago.......and so do the others around us.

And things that never existed before in our lives, now do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket