Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Describe, Design, Do, Determine

DREAM BIG

1. Describe the problem you'd like to solve or objective you'd like to achieve





2. Design an experiment or project to explore the mystery you'd like to solve or idea you want to test
DO BIG!
3. Do it!

a. Have as much fun as you can responsibly handle.

b. ****As you search for answers, be OK with frustration and struggle. It means new learning is near. New learning means new growth. New growth means a new you (your creativity, caused by your frustration, will bring answers). Creativity creates.....you.

c. *If you are not more at the end of the day than you were when you walked in, we both have done a terrible diservice to you; disrespecting who you are, and not honoring everything you are to be!





4. Determine the amount of learning that has taken place. How? Always go back and start with what you know. In this case it's your objective or the intriguing problem you wanted answers to.

Reflect on what you've learned. Evaluate the outcome(s) of your experiment or project. Don't forget about any new or unexpected learning that might have taken place. Some great inventions were made by accident and "failure" (i.e. post-it notes).







BE BIG!
Respect who you are by turning in a paper reflecting your best effort.

Honor who you are to be by listening to new questions that come to mind and pursuing those on your own.




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    we are in level 2 which is plan/process.

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sinc Bridget was at enrichment, I did the intro in our mag, then went to figure out an expieriment.I couldn't come up with much, so then I looked for something to do, wich was helping the guys with thier modol of Cedar Point. I am looking forward to tommorow when we'll finish the modol(It's fun!)then I'll work on the mag.See'ya.Jess.

     
  • At 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    today was a great day! we had so much fun making the projects were a blast!!!!!! .......nice roller coster(i helped make it =p)


    ryan

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We are on level 1, because we are studying how, and what it is. Tommorow we will bring in a prediction on what the plants and shrimps.
    From,
    Belle, Mahrukh, Summer, and Briana!

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Yes. Today was a good day! Thank you all for working so hard. I didn't have to encourage anyone to focus. Now, about cleaning up at the end of the day.... :-)

     
  • At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am on level 3 of my science project By Nikolas Lachinski
    Today my group worked on the power of fusion and we fused 2 dies together and created every color between blue and red and we got at least 30 different shades including all the greens. I also finished the fusion technique to finish the die

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    MY group today is on level 3. I have learned more about fusions and what they mean. Also I liked the Dream big,do big,and,be big post.Today I have became bigger than I have when I came in today.

    =)

     
  • At 1:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am on level 3. on the project we did today. Also what i felt on the project we did, I learned a bunch of things with the water die! :-)


    this was, Skyler

     
  • At 1:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi this is malcolm i'm at level two.we did the objective,solved the problem and planed. now we're in progress. i'll keep you imformed

     
  • At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi mrs.tuart i had so much fun today and learned alot about the human body

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HI it's Zak and I want to say , we are on level 2 now and so far learned that kinetic enegy is due to the train going down the track and potential enegy is made by the train not moving or going up the track and friction by the wind and the track.

    (I help made the rollar coster)ZAK

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HI it's Zak and I want to say , we are on level 2 now and so far learned that kinetic enegy is due to the train going down the track and potential enegy is made by the train not moving or going up the track and friction by the wind and the track.

    (I help made the rollar coster)ZAK

     
  • At 3:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Even though I was in enrichmant I still learned today & will do the projects with my group!!!
    ES

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Mr. Stuart we are on level 2 because so we made our game board, we have everything but some of the Q's finished and
    I have been through struggle and we have planned everything we to do. Bye
    this was Sandeep Singh your fellow student bye!

     
  • At 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hellothis is Mahrukh(mah-har-uk)here to sday about my prediction. I predict that my shrimp eggs will soon move. Then I think they'll grow and start to swim. And they will keep on growing until they are an regular shrimp.

     
  • At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Today was the funnnest day in the whole wide world.during recess I was living my life. Also I learned alot for example what kinetic and potential energy is.

     
  • At 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    my group is on number 2 and 3. today was a great day,I liked doing the science we made great progress on my groups project Ilearned lots like about roller coasters and potentle energy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket