Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Pick Your Favorite Crayon (Learning Style)



Don't have the time to write a full write about everything about these pictures that is so right. It would be wrong to force this when it comes better in a flow.



Yesterday's dancing and goofing off;
a free flow of happiness and love ~
dancing to believe it or not - Bobby Brown



Every Little Step I take.......

...you will be there

every little step I make

...we'll be together



Such a cool labor of love on Labor Day
between a father and daughter

Making the father feel he is nothing....nothing but a spirit....






and around certain people his spirit is wild and free...and his daughter is one of these people.

yesterday was an explosion of more than "love", it was a connection within myself, perhaps my highest self....


...allowing me to pick up vibes of connection elsewhere in the universe...







and laugh....













....and play











...and go to bed, saying.....






"Today, a day that started off not so very good....










....ended up being a very very good day




AND....our Italian lesson for the day was "Dove andate alla scuola? (Where do you go to school?)...

Answer - Alla scuola del mio papà. (At my Daddy's school.)



Where he visits me in class and learns from my teacher Mrs. Munoz about picking our favorite color crayon to learn, and has his students pick their favorite way to learn.

*There's strong evidence that the only grade left where natural and real long-term learning is in Kindergarten. After that there is too much pressure on teachers to teach and "prepare" students to do well on state testing, versus allowing students to learn and build long-term knowledge and problem-solving skills. You know, the kind that actually allows them to operate and thrive in life after school.

Teaching today is tougher than ever. I recognize this. But my answer is...So what! Young dreamers depend on our ability to get tough with it. Confidence is being created and destroyed every day. We are meant to be creators. (I am so jazzed by this picture. Thank you Sofia for being who and what you are.)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You look like you're having fun.Miss You. You are a grat teacher.

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Mr. Stuart well I am going to make a question for the "Thor's Travels" and here it is

    Hi students how are you doing. Well here is your question. The place is in Europe and its around Germany and not in Germany its at the bottom right of Germany and its a country. Another hint is the first letter is an "A".
    p.s. Oh ya don't tell there no such place I have been there before.Also if you need help go on google maps or google earth at home

     
  • At 6:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Rarlynn - I am a great teacher only because I have had great students like yourself. I mean that.

    Sandeep, I mean Thor, I just posted the first "Thor's Travels". Check it out. Please, please be kind to your old teacher, and take the time to check your spelling. I'm going to take spell check out of every computer but mine, so kids learn how to spell :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket