Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Jokes

Thank You for This Food

A 4-year-old boy was asked to return thanks before a big dinner. The family members bowed their heads in expectation. He began his prayer, thanking God for all his friends, naming them one by one. Then he thanked God for Mommy, Daddy, brother, sister, Grandma, Grandpa, and all his aunts and uncles. Then he began to thank God for the food. He gave thanks for the turkey, the dressing, the fruit salad, the cranberry sauce, the pies, the cakes, even the Cool Whip.

Then he paused, and everyone waited--and waited. After a long silence, the young fellow looked up at his mother and asked, "If I thank God for the broccoli, won't he know that I'm lying?"


I Don't Want to Go

Thanksgiving day was approaching and the family had received a Thanksgiving card with a painting of a pilgrim family on their way to church.

Grandma showed the card to her small grandchildren, observing: "The Pilgrim children liked to go to church with their mothers and fathers."

"Oh yeah?" her young grandson replied, "So why is their dad carrying that rifle?"


Thanksgiving Blessings

All the grandkids were visiting for Thanksgiving. Before dinner, Grandma made a lengthy speech about being thankful for her extra-special blessings, her four grandchildren.

Two seconds after she stopped speaking, all hell broke loose and the kids were yelling and grabbing for the home-made rolls.Grandma sat there, eyes closed with a tight squint on her face.

When asked what was the matter, she replied, "I'm just praying for a little patience to handle all these blessings."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ha, Ha, ha!!! That is hillarious! I love it! Happy Thanksgiving! Ahh, just so funny! Lol!

     
  • At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi right now I am in Trinidad for my mom's sister's wedding or my Aunt's wedding. Also I am going to check on sitemeter if the dot is on Trinidad. Well also I still need an answer to my "Thor's Travels". Also I need to you to reply to this comment and please reply to it. It's important about the Thor's Travels thing you told me I can make.

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    We greatly miss your great sense of humor Belle

     
  • At 7:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'll let the kids know you're still waiting on an answer. Did you read the "We Can Be Heroes" post about Miguel? He reminds me so much of you.... a GIANT!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket