Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Window of Laughter

The good thing about pushing yourself to your limits, and then going past them, is that you're so tired that the kinda-funny becomes funny, and the funny-funny becomes hilarious.

And who doesn't like to laugh out loud uncontrollably, even if it means your dog thinks he might have to start taking YOU out for walks?

Comedic genius can be a real form of high intelligence. I hope all my students go on to a happy life that's filled with laughter, and at least one of them a comedy skit writer. I have given them complete freedom to imitate me to the funniest extreme.

Another picture I wished hadn't been erased was one of me trying to motivate a Number 2 pencil he could be a Number 1 pencil in a Knute Rockne / Mike Meyers voice.

Life is better with laughter, and the world seems so much better when you're holding your belly and wiping your eyes.

At the very least, we're going to be able to say we couldn't have had a better time learning.

At the very most, these kids will learn they don't need drugs because they're bored or trying to escape from their problems...........Not when their own hearts are filled with such confidence, laughter and love.

As teachers and parents we can be another brick in the wall, standing in front of kids saying, "Don't you see? Don't you get it?"

Or we can be a window in that wall, allowing them to see for themselves.

Love, toughness, and laughter...Some great things for anyone to see in themselves........along with healthy doses of Will Ferrell.

I think I laugh so hard watching this because I can see myself doing this...I really hope I don't. At least not in front of anyone. Enjoy :-)


Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey! Liz, a myspace friend, told me to come find you. how do i subscribe to your blog??

     
  • At 7:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey Colin, Which blog do you want to subscribe to?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket