Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Dynamic Students Make a Dynamic Classroom


The "Dream Team" of Amanda, Jessica and Bridge-Over-Troubled-Waters, actively learning, actively engaged, actively connecting one neuron to another. These three, as well as all their classmates, are great examples of the types of dynamic students that make a dynamic classroom work.








Bridget taking this learning and "running the show" with it. I think schools should truly prepare its students for the real world by giving them marketable skills, and leadership is one of them. If you want to have a great classroom, put Bridget in it and it will happen!



If you know the students, guess what this fish is called? That's right, "Dallas". And it's as unique and wonderful as he is (Dallas is the student doing a handstand showing me how to flip a figure in another post). He is also the one who achieved a near-perfect score on his practice FCAT reading test. Give a child room to grow, appreciate all the good inside of him, teach him in the manner he best learns, and he will learn. You rock my friend, or fish.


Professor Lachinski explaining to Skyler and Ryan what 3-Dimension is, using such language as x, y, and z axis. I've gone from calling him "Niko" to "Professor" because he takes what he learns in class, extends it by watching science shows at home, and brings it into class the next day. Another remarkable student making a remarkable difference in a remarkable class. This "extending learning beyond the classroom" allowed the young professor to achieve a perfect score on his reading FCAT practice test.

I'm relying on you Professor to give me accurate facts when I begin to write adventure/mystery stories for adult readers. And if I ever find you out you've settled for a mundane job as an adult I will drag you to the highest university and get on you like I had to at the beginning of the year. I will always be your teacher because I'm relying on you to teach me.

P.S. See the young man in the hat? Notice how intently he's focusing? This isn't the only picture of him doing this. Does it help? Does it really make a difference? You tell me. Skyler didn't get a near-perfect score on his reading practice test.......he got a perfect score! Wow! You have "wowed" me son. Now keep it up and wow the world. Critical mistake on your part though. You have allowed me to see your genius. Now I'll never let up on you and give you heavier "weight" to lift with your brain and spirit. Wow the world Sky Man. Be a leader. You already are for the rest of us in what's possible when you let your teacher/coach get in your face, hold you to a higher standard, and just focus.


Bridget, Amanda, Serena, Summer, Esha???.......I can't remember who found this perfect diagram of the rock cycle during one of their research projects but it's the best one I've ever seen, and much better than any we could find in our textbooks.

Infering knowledge from graphs, tables, charts was the weakest area of the entire 5th grade last year. You have helped us find a way to attack this problem so we can overcome it.

BOO-YA!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I liked what you wrote about the dallas fish,it was a very good short story

     
  • At 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    it was not Bridget, Amanda, Serena, Summer, Esha! it was me!!!



    Ryan!

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This Fabulous Year- Highlights

    This year has been one of the most greatest experiences ever. I’ve learned so much, not only math and reading skills, but life skills, that I will treasure forever. I will always remember Mr.Stuart, and everybody else, who inspired me so much. Everyday, I was excited to get up and go to school. Mr.Stuart had a big heart, and would never, ever let anybody fail. We have been the top fifth grade class. I had never had so much fun while learning. I will always keep this year, right at the bottom of my heart.

    - Bridget Frost
    2006 - 2007
    Sand Lake

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket