Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, February 26, 2007

Black History Month - Dallas

#2 What Black History Month means to me by Dallas Nelson Black history month means lots of things to me, like baseball. I'm glad that slavery was outlawed and more. First, I will tell you why baseball is part of it. Baseball is part of it because of Jackie Robertson. Jackie Robertson was the first black person to step up to the plate in professional baseball and if he didn't the Tigers wouldn't have been so good. Next, I'm glad slavery was outlawed because I know what they felt like when I get in trouble at Dad's house and get locked in my room. I wouldn't have friends like Malcolm and Careem. Finally, there would be a lot of crashes because the guy who invented the traffic light was black and they would have to open more hospitals because there already is a lot of crashes, and without traffic lights people would constantly get hurt in crashes. As you can see by my story black history means a lot to me... how about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket