Stuart's Spectacular Students

This is dedicated to my amazing students. The goal is for each and every one of them to feel unstoppable by the time they walk out of the classroom door for the final time in May. This chronicles their journey; their own Chronicles of Self-Actualization.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, October 04, 2007

What Do I See When I Look at You?


Tell me, Tell me

What do you see?

What do you see
When you look at me?


Am I amazing?
Can I be great?

Is it still possible...
Or is it already too late?


No matter what you say
I can do or be

I get my truth
from looking at you

- Adam Stuart (Oct, 2007)

Sting's, "If I Ever Lose My Faith in You", is playing as I write this. I often wonder when it is that children stop believing in themselves. I wonder how much of it is from watching adults go through the motions in their own lives. No matter how much we tell children they are special and can do anything they want, do they see too many of us not believing in ourselves, seeing "the big dream" as one big lie, for all but the lucky few?

And if this is true, then seeing adults they know actively pursuing their dreams must inspire them to no ends. Seeing an adult have the courage to overcome setbacks and failures, being doubted and doubting him or herself, has to be a source of strength to hang on to their own dreams just one minute longer.

If we've let go of our dreams, why are we surprised when our children let go of theirs?

I think what we do and don't do affects others' lives much more than we realize, especially a child's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket